We follow the County guidelines on admissions, with children living in Babraham. Babraham is our catchment area, but as it is a very small village we usually have plenty of room and welcome children from other areas. In the event that the school is oversubscribed, places will be allocated according to the following Cambridgeshire oversubscription criteria:
- Children who are looked after, with a statement of special educational needs which names the school or for whom this is the only school that can meet their long term medical needs.
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest to this school according to the shortest available travel route as measured by a straight line.
For admissions to year groups other than Reception, parents should apply to the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team. If the number of children in that year group does not exceed the published admission number, and there is no reserve list, a place should be offered.
Arrangements for starting school
You will be notified of your child's place at Babraham at the end of the April before admission in September. We have an induction programme in the summer term when children are invited into Ducklings Class for a number of visits and there is also a 'new' parents evening.
All reception children born before 31st December usually start full time in September. Other reception children may also start full time in September or we can be flexible about part time attendance during the first term if, after discussion with school, you or we feel this is more suitable.
The school year runs from 1st September to 31st August.